Friday, October 1, 2010

Why health?

Yummy Turnips. 
More information about turnips can be found at the source of this photo Purdue University Vegetable Senior Study.

Before I post anything, I think I need to have a disclaimer.  I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV.  I will not be dispensing any sort of medical/nutritional advice, but only point the reader to things that I have found interesting and/or helpful in my own life. Additionally, in the state in which I live, we have something called Veggie Libel Laws.  I cannot insult turnips nor disparge the manner in which they are grown (or any other food product for that matter).   We have laws in this country which, as a dutiful US citizen, I am bound to respect.  And if we don't follow the laws, there is chaos and I am against chaos of any sort.  My life is chaotic enough. Capeche?  Good, so let us commence our posting on health.

So....Why health?

Well I guess the most obvious reason is that our health is the most vital thing in our life.  We cannot function properly as human beings if our phyiscal, emotional or spiritual health is lacking.  It is for good reason that people say to you when things are rough: "Well, at least you have your health!"  We all struggle with some sort of illness, unfortunately some more than others, and I figure it is something we all have in common. 

So as my ancestors in the Slavic "Old Country" would say as they raised their glasses high..."Na Zdorovye!"  "To Your Health!"

No comments: